Please note submissions for the 2018 award are now closed.
Any play or writer that does not meet the criteria set out below will be disqualified.
- This Award aims to identify and champion debut and emerging writers. We cannot consider your submission if you have had another full-length play produced professionally in a subsidised London, or major regional/international venue for 4 weeks or more
- You must submit this work yourself and not through a third party/agent
- The reading process is anonymous. Please do not include your name or contact details anywhere in the text of your script. Your personal information will be held separately
- The online portal will be open for submissions until 11.59pm 31st March 2018. Any entries received after this time will not enter the reading process
- Only entries submitted online though theatre503.com/writers/submissions will be accepted. Please do not submit any material by any other means. E.g. on paper, email, CDs, digital media.
- Please do not submit or include any other material, or include images in your script
- Adaptations are not eligible.
- Plays must be written in the English Language.
- Plays must never have been professionally optioned, produced or published.
- Only one script may be submitted by each writer.
- Theatre503 must be informed immediately should you wish to withdraw your play at any point.
By submitting a script for consideration you agree that:
- You are over 16 years of age.
- You have not had a play produced professionally for a 4 week run or more in a subsidised London, major regional or international venue.
- The script does not contain any detail of your identity.
- You are the writer of the play and exclusively own and control all copyright and all other related rights to the play.
- The play is over 60 minutes in length.
- The play is original, unperformed, unpublished work for the stage and has not been produced anywhere in the world.
- The play is available for production and unattached to any other theatre or company.
- If you are the winner you will receive £3,000 in prize money and £3,000 as an advance against 8% of the gross box office, to grant Theatre503 the exclusive license to produce the play for up to 18 months after the announcement of the award.
- Nick Hern Books will have first refusal to publish the winning play in the UK.