Work With Us
We are always looking for enthusiastic and personable volunteers to help staff our Box Office and Front of House. We ask for a small but regular commitment from our volunteers and in return we can offer you experience working in an exciting, welcoming and vibrant producing venue.
Email us your CV/some information about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘FOH Volunteer’ in the subject line.
We are currently re-vamping our Ambassador Scheme – please check back and follow us on facebook/twitter for opportunities to get involved.
PRODUCER AND HEAD OF MARKETING
Freelance, Part Time (4 days a week)
£19,000 – £23,000 pro rata dependent on experience
Theatre503 is a flagship fringe venue committed to producing new work that is game-changing, relevant, surprising, mischievous, visually thrilling and theatrical. Theatre503 is a destination venue for new writing and we offer more opportunities to new writers than any theatre in the country.
The organisation is about to enter a crucial stage in its development. With the launch of a new three year artistic and strategic business plan the Producer will join the Artistic and Executive Directors in moving Theatre503 through to being a more sustainable, accessible, stable and artistically focussed organisation.
The Producer and Head of Marketing will be an enthusiastic, energetic, supportive individual able to build and manage a range of relationships. Plus with two regional co-productions, a national tour and a season of in house produced work all programmed before Christmas the Producer will be adept at managing multiple projects as they will play a pivotal and essential role in the delivery of the programme both in Battersea and across the UK.
Theatre503 invites applications from theatre producers with strong experience in marketing and fundraising for the position. This is a pivotal role within the venue, supported by two Resident Assistant Producers and responsible to the Artistic and Executive Directors, as a part of the senior management team.
The producer would play a central role in delivering and marketing produced and co-produced projects as well as developing audiences for Theatre503. This role is also responsible for all Trusts and Foundations focussed fundraising as well as leading on applications to Arts Council England.
The responsibilities of the Producer and Head of Marketing are as follows:
All productions at Theatre503 are either in-house or co-productions. To this end you will be expected to head up, steer and support:
- Budget creation and management with the Executive Director
- Contract creation and distribution with the Executive Director
- Marketing Campaigns (building and executing – see below)
- Recruitment (cast, creative team and production and technical teams)
- Managing the producing department, including freelance staff
- Liaising with co-producers on all aspects of their production
- Mentoring co-producing partners
As Head of Marketing, the role requires you to promote the work of Theatre503 – both our in-house productions and co-productions as well as to build the profile of the venue itself. You will be required to build, initiate and manage:
- Theatre503’s Communications Strategy for 2015-18
- Detailed integrated marketing plans with all co-productions and for all productions
- All print marketing for Theatre503
- Theatre503’s website and social media channels
- Copy writing with all co-productions and for all productions
- Advertising (including design and booking)
- Liaison with external PR consultants Chloe Nelkin Consulting
- Regular e-newsletters and brochure postal mail outs (including mailing list management)
- Organising reciprocal marketing with appropriate venues
- All marketing throughout the building
- Building media and business partners on behalf of Thetare503
- Ensuring Theatre503 branding across all media following a rebrand in Spring 2015
- Devise and lead on audience development for the organisation through all of the above channels
- Leading on Fundraising and development applications both for core activity and individual productions
- Programming support
- Fulfilling and managing the Resident Assistant Producer training scheme
- Strategic planning for the whole organisation as part of the senior management team
BOX OFFICE AND FRONT OF HOUSE
- Managing our Customer Relationship Management System Spektrix including data analysis for marketing campaigns
- One Box Office shift every other week
- Plus any additional tasks as reasonably required
- Experience in producing/theatre management and sound knowledge of the production process
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative to ensure tasks are completed
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience managing production budgets
- IT literate including word processing, spreadsheets, basic image editing
- Extensive experience of using social media as an audience development tool and understanding of the digital cultural movement
- Experience managing a team
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Good telephone manner
- Flexible, positive attitude and a good sense of humour
- A developed target driven approach to audience development
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven track record of successful fundraising including excellent knowledge of Arts Council England criteria and application processes
- Ability to start a project from scratch and follow through to completion
- Good understanding and passion for the theatre industry, particularly the London theatre ecology
- Understanding of co-producing models on a range of scales
- Negotiation skills
- A passion for supporting new work, new companies and new artists
- Experience writing contracts and knowledge of industry standard practise and union agreements
- Graphic design skills
- Website skills (specifically WordPress)
- Photography/Videography experience
- Good industry contacts from all areas of the sector
- Knowledge of Trust and Foundation fundraising techniques
- An interest in new writing
- Spektrix CRM knowledge
Normal working hours are 10am-6pm 4 days a week with some evening and weekend work required.
To apply, please complete the application form you can download by clicking on this (503 Application form) and send it to email@example.com by 10am on Mon 27 April 2015. If you have additional projects or information you feel are not served by the application form please also send a CV with your application.
1st interviews Thursday 30th April 2015
2nd interviews Tuesday 5th May 2015
For more information and additional details on how to apply call Executive Director – Jeremy Woodhouse on 020 7978 7040