Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions:
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by staff and volunteers of Theatre503 (‘Theatre503′)
Ticket availability and prices on Theatre503 website are provided for information only. Theatre503 is not obliged to contract on the basis of that information. All tickets must be paid for in full at the time of booking. Events or programme details may need to be cancelled or varied because of circumstances beyond reasonable control. Theatre503 may place restrictions on the number of tickets that may be ordered.
For performances that are not produced by Theatre503, Theatre503 acts only as a ticket agent for the performing company concerned (‘the Producers’). Tickets are issued subject to the Producers’ regulations. Theatre503 will endeavour to give the customer any performance and venue information and regulations provided by the Producer but may not know if this is incomplete, incorrect or out of date. Therefore customers are advised to contact the Producers directly if they should have any questions that aren’t specifically relating to the booking process.
Nothing in these General Terms excludes or limits Theatre503’s liability for death or personal injury, caused directly by its negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. All other liabilities of Theatre503 (including without limitation for cancellation, deficiencies in the Theatre503 venue or performance, or damage to property) shall be limited to the total of the face value of the ticket purchased and any booking fee.
The following regulations govern performances taking place at Theatre503:
Arrive on time. Theatre503 will endeavour to admit latecomers at a suitable break in the performance (which may be the interval) but admission cannot be guaranteed.
Once purchased, money cannot be refunded and a £2.00 charge will be incurred to exchange tickets unless a performance is cancelled or less than half the performance takes place.
Theatre503 may exchange tickets at its own discretion. Tickets may only be exchanged from future performances and for an alternative occurrence of the same production. A £2.00 charge will be applicable for each exchange transaction and must be paid at the time of booking..
Theatre503 may issue credit for unneeded tickets at its own discretion and never after an instance has taken place. Credited amounts will be held for three months from the date of credit, after which time the credit will expire.
Theatre503 reserves the right to refuse admission for good reason.
Theatre503 operates a non-smoking policy in all areas of the building.
The use of any form of recording equipment is not permitted in the auditorium, except with the permission of the Manager. Mobiles phones and other electronic devices must be switched off before entering the auditorium.
Dogs (except guide dogs) are not permitted within Theatre503.
If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, Theatre503 will use reasonable endeavours to notify customers of the cancellation although Theatre503 does not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
Theatre503 is only able to inform customers for whom it holds valid contact details. Any customer who buys tickets without giving correct and up to date contact details does so at their own risk.
Theatrical effects such as strobe lighting and gunshots are sometimes used in productions. Theatre503 will endeavour to warn patrons in advance when these effects will be used.
Theatre503 or any permitted third parties may carry out general filming and sound recording in or about the venue. By purchasing tickets you consent to you and your party being included in and to the exploitation of such films and recordings without payment.
You are responsible for any possessions you bring into Theatre503.
Completion of the online booking process, including the provision of credit or debit card details, shall constitute an offer by the customer to purchase tickets subject to Theatre503’s general terms and conditions of sale (above).
The customer is entirely responsible for entering his/her details correctly during the booking process.
The customer warrants that all details supplied are true and accurate.
The customer is responsible for informing Theatre503 of any changes to his/her details once the booking is concluded.
It is the customer’s responsibility to check that tickets issued by Theatre503 are correct.
Tickets purchased online for the incorrect performance cannot be exchanged or refunded.
Please call the box office on 020 7978 7040 if you have any queries.
Collect tickets no later than 15 minutes before the performance is due to start, (from the venue of the performance unless otherwise advised).
Please bring your credit or debit card when collecting tickets as well as proof of concession if appropriate.
Terms and Conditions for The Theatre503 Playwriting Award
- Any play or writer that does not meet the criteria set out below will be disqualified.
- Whilst submissions should be made in your own name, the reading process will be anonymous. Therefore please do not include your name or contact details anywhere in the body of the script.
- The online portal will be open for submissions from Monday 1st February to Monday 29th February (inclusive). Any entries received before or after this time will not enter the reading process.
- All questions on the submission form marked with an asterisk must be completed.
- Only entries submitted online as requested will be accepted. Please do not submit any material by any other means. E.g. on paper, email, CDs, digital media.
- Plays must be written in the English language.
- Plays must have never been professionally optioned, produced or published.
- Only one script per writer may be submitted.
- Plays may have been submitted to other playwriting competitions, however points 15, 16 and 17 below must be observed at all times.
- Theatre503 must be informed immediately should you wish to withdraw your play at any point.
By submitting a script for consideration you agree that:
- The text itself does not contain any detail of your identity.
- You are the writer of the play and exclusively own and control all copyright and all other related rights to the play.
- The play is at least 60 minutes in stage time.
- The play is an original, unperformed, unpublished work for the stage and has not been produced anywhere in the world.
- The play is available for production and unattached to any other theatre or company.
- If you are the winner, or are selected to join the 503Five, your play will be automatically under option to Theatre503 for a period of eighteen months after the announcement of the award winner or the 503Five members, whichever is applicable.
- If you are the winner of the award then Nick Hern Books will have the first refusal over acquiring publication and amateur performing rights, pending further contractual agreement and payment of an advance against royalties.
- You will not be entitled to any production related fees other than Theatre503’s standard percentage of gross box office receipts.
- Upon the occurrence of any event of force majeure or incapacity, Theatre503 shall not be obliged to produce any work.
- The information that you provide can be used for analysis purposes