Work With Us
RESIDENT ASSISTANT PRODUCER
6 month placement
Deadline: Extended to 7th March
Job Commences: 31st March 2014
Theatre503 welcomes applications to our six-month Resident Assistant Producer scheme.
Resident Assistant Producers are key members of the Theatre503 team, supporting the
Artistic Director, Producer, Associate Artistic Director and Executive Director. You will
assist the Producer on productions, and assume increasing responsibilities throughout
your time at the venue. The scheme is ideal for those with a serious commitment to a
career in theatre producing or arts management, looking to gain experience in a busy,
professional theatre. Please note that although this is a part-time unpaid position, it does
require a time commitment of three days per week and some evenings/weekends.
The responsibilities of the Resident Assistant Producers are as follows:
The Resident Assistant Producers will provide support to the Producer, Executive Director
and Artistic Directors on varied aspects of the production process, including:
• Casting & Creative Team Recruitment and Contracting
• Press and Public Relations
Resident Assistant Producers will begin with taking responsibility for aspects the
complementary programme (Rapid Write Response, one nighters, Q+A and panel events)
and build up to taking the lead on longer running in-house and co-produced 4 week
Responsibilities may include:
• Managing the project budget and administration, including creating contracts,
setting up and tracking box office sales.
• Project marketing, including print, digital, and social media is ‘on brand’ and
campaigns are executed efficiently.
• Acting as the first point of contact at the theatre: for cast members, creatives and
press and marketing contacts.
Marketing is a key responsibility of the Resident Assistant Producers, who will:
• Co-ordinate regular e-newsletters to the Theatre503 database.
• Seek reciprocal marketing opportunities.• Maintain the Theatre503 Facebook, Twitter and social networking sites, as well as
the Theatre503 website.
• Actively engage with and maintain the Theatre503 Ambassadors scheme.
• Assisting with the development of long-term marketing strategies for Theatre503
and its productions.
• Assisting on the creation of marketing materials.
• Actively seek out new audiences for Theatre503.
• Assist the executive director and producer in identifying and applying for funding
• Assisting the Producer in preparation of Arts Council applications
• Creating and distributing audience and participant surveys for project evaluation
• Preparing project reports for Arts Council and other funding bodies
BOX OFFICE AND FRONT OF HOUSE
• Setting up and monitoring box office ticket sales
• Assisting with the recruitment and management of Interns as necessary
In addition to the specific producing responsibilities listed above, you will:
• Attend weekly Programming Meetings.
• Represent Theatre503 at production meetings.
• Commit to a minimum of one Front of House/Box Office shift each week.
• Support the Artistic Director, Producer, Executive Director and Associate Artistic
Director in any other duties as required.
• Act as a general advocate and ambassador for Theatre503.
• Interest in pursuing a career in theatre producing/arts management
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks effectively
• Ability to work independently and take the initiative to ensure tasks are completed • IT literate, particularly with word processing and spread sheet software
• Experience of using social media/blogging
• High standard of written and spoken English
• Good telephone manner
• Flexible, positive attitude and a good sense of humour
• Experience of working in a theatre environment
• Photoshop/InDesign/Graphic design skills
• Basic website skills (specifically WordPress)
• Experience of writing copy
• Experience with budgets and contracts
• Box office/Front of house experience, experience of using ticketing software
NB: Theatre503 is an independent theatre without regular funding, and we are therefore
unable to pay a salary or expenses for this post. The working hours for the position are
part time to enable you to support yourself throughout the scheme. However, please be
aware that the scheme will require a significant and regular time commitment.
To apply, please send a CV fill out our 503 Application form detailing why you are interested in the position, what you would bring to it, and what you would hope to learn to Paul Robinson c/o firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Friday 28th February 2014.
We are always looking for enthusiastic and personable volunteers to help staff our Box Office and Front of House. We ask for a small but regular commitment from our volunteers and in return we can offer you experience working in an exciting, welcoming and vibrant producing venue.
Email us your CV/some information about yourself to email@example.com. with ‘FOH Volunteer’ in the subject line.
We are currently re-vamping our Ambassador Scheme – please check back and follow us on facebook/twitter for opportunities to get involved.